Friday, December 6, 2013

Live Long and Prosper



Greetings, everyone. Matt Craft, Award-winning Man, Myth, Legend, Historical Investigator, here. Hope you’ve all had a wonderful semester – and for those of you who are returning next semester, I hope spring 2014 will be great as well. I also hope that you’ve all enjoyed joining me as we journeyed through history; I have enjoyed being your guide for two semesters in a row.
            But now, the December gray has arrived, and I must burst my Belmont bubble and venture into the brave, new world[1] beyond. I stride across the Curb Event Center stage on Friday, December 13. But do not fret. I’m sure someone is taking up the torch and mantle of history blogger, and I’m also sure he or she will do a great job.
Besides, you can’t get rid of me that easily – did you forget? I’m MML, HI, and I am the father of The Bruin History Blog, built it from scratch. I am confident that I shall return – in some shape, form, or fashion.
Until then, Live Long and Prosper,[2] Fellow Lovers of History!
AW MML, HI
PS.
You can check me out in the Belmont University newspaper The Vision[3] and on the Belmont English Department’s blog, Belmont English: News and Notes from the English Department at Belmont University.[4]


[1] An allusion to Aldous Huxley’s 1931 novel, Brave New World.
[2] In the popular science fiction franchise, Star Trek, U.S.S. Enterprise Captain James Tiberius Kirk’s first officer Sock often utters this phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment